Wednesday, August 8, 2007

8/08/2007

We are back!!! We had a great time. The kids loved Disney.

I don't know if any of you know about Give Kids The World. It is an organization that is based in Kissamee Florida. It helps children with life threatening illnesses fulfill a dream. If you are ever looking for an organization to support there is more info available at:

http://www.gktw.org/
http://www.wish.org/


Caitlyn is doing great!! She enjoyed Disney soooo much. She got LOTS of autographs from all the Disney characters. Thanks to the Make-a-Wish foundation, the whole family was treated like royalty. We were all made to feel so very special. Every character she met and every Disney employee she encountered greeted Caitlyn with extra love and attention. It was enough to make her mom and dads' eyes water the first couple of days. We cannot thank Make -A-Wish and Give Kids The World enough!

Our trip at Disney was followed by a trip to Coco Beach where we spent some time on the beach and in the pool. The boys tried surfing and did quite well at it. Caitlyn made sand castles and collected sea shells with mom.

Caitlyn is doing so good it is hard to believe just a little over two months ago she was given only 6 to 9 months to live. Once we got home from our trip I realized I had gone at least one whole day where I did not think about her illness. I had forgotten it. She looks so good you would be knocked over if you just met her and I told you about her serious condition. It just does not seem possible, since she shows no signs of this horrible cancer.

We returned on Sunday; and I took her on Monday to Children's for her routine appointment. I was able to see her MRI. I could not believe the difference in size between the two pictures -- her first MRI to her latest one. There was some white spots in the middle of her tumor. I asked the doctor what those were. The attending doctor at the time responded with, "They might be blood vessels or dead cells". They can not tell for sure without a biopsy -- which of course they cannot do because of the tumor location. I just have to believe that it is dead cells; with the way shrunk and her great improvement. Only time will tell, but I feel she will be a miracle.

Please continue to pray for Caitlyn I do believe it is working. I just know she is going to be that two percent we are praying for that comes through this. We still have a long way to go but at least we have a good today to help us through til tomorrow. That is all we can ask for on a journey like this. With every good day that we have, it opens our hearts up more to all the other children who are suffering and their families. Thank you and God Bless you for all your prayers and support.

Please don't forget the other children who are suffering as well. Please say a special prayer for Trinity Bright http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/trinitybright

I will try and post some pictures soon.

The Churak Family