Monday, October 22, 2007

10/22/2007

I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with Caitlyn's treatment plan.

I guess we will not talk to Dr. Goldman until after his next meeting this Thursday. She is not able to start a new trial until she has been off medicine for three weeks --Which will be next Wednesday. Caitlyn is still doing well and we are reviewing all the different trials. There are about 4 or 5 that we are looking at. Unfortunately there is not a lot of info available about how they would work with this type of tumor, although they have worked well on other cancers.

We are still staying positive and trying not to let the diagnosis ruin our lives or our happiness. The good and most important thing, is Caitlyn is having the time of her life. We are doing so many girly things and just living life. She has no idea what the doctors are saying and I thank God for that. She sees everyday as a new opportunity to have fun and love life. She tells me, "I love Kindergarten. It is so much fun, and I love all my friends".

I ask her everyday if she wants to go to school or stay home with me. She chooses to live life with out a second thought. And she REALLY loves helping me with market day. Last Tuesday she said " Mom I love working with you it is so much fun, and we get a surprise at the end. This is the greatest". If we could only take the time to learn from our children and not think that WE always have something to teach THEM. Maybe they could show us how to be happy in our darkest times. I know this is easier said then done. But wouldn't it be great if we could?

Please continue to pray that we are granted more quality time with Caitlyn. Please also pray for the other children who are sick or who have lost their battle. Please pray for their families as well. I know I pray for those moms and dads every night.

Kara