Wednesday, March 26, 2008

03/26/2008

The MRI results show additional tumor growth. The tumor grew by one millimeter on two sides of the tumor. It doesn't seem like a lot of growth; but it is enough that Caitlyn's treatment plan is up for discussion again. This is a difficult time for the Churak's so I ask that you keep them in your prayers.

I recently read Caitlyn's guestbook; and one of the DIPG parents signed, "My thoughts and prayers are with you, that you may continue to see the light in all the darkness." I have to say that is my prayer for the Churaks too.

I sat with Caitlyn and Jackson while Kara and Jason met with doctors. Caitlyn had a tough day. She was sedated for the MRI which left her feeling groggy; but she bounced back and enjoyed watching Sponge Bob, coloring, eating cheez-its, and drinking sprite shortly thereafter. Jackson was such a patient little guy yesterday. He may be only 7; but was such a good big brother. It is amazing how resilient children are.

I have to say I don't know where Kara and Jason find the strength. I know they both are devastated by the latest news; yet they are able to put a smile of their face and enjoy precious moments with Caitlyn and the boys.

Please pray that God watches over the family and gives them strength in the days ahead.

Thanks,
Margaret Donahue