Monday, April 28, 2008

Team Caitlyn way to go!!!!!!!




What a great day Saturday was. Even with the high winds and cold weather our team showed up and did a great job at the walk. The team raised $13,105. What a great job and to think I set our goal at $800. I will have pictures posted soon.

It was very emotional at times to see all the people walking with pictures of loved ones. Caitlyn tried to get out and walk a few times as well as run. Her balance is so off that it just was not possible. I did all I could to not break down. It was easier to talk about her cancer when she did not have any symptoms. But now it is staring us in the face and it brings me to my knees every time I think about it, or see her struggle with daily simple tasks.

This is not to say we don't have faith. We have not given up nor will we. She goes in tomorrow to have a port put in to help her with her weekly chemo treatments. After a year her arms are shot and quite frankly she has had it with needles. So please pray that all goes well tomorrow and that the new drug starts to do it's magic for her.

She asks me everyday when will I be able to walk again and not see double. I keep telling her soon and hold her in my arms.

Kara and family