Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time to say we love you Caitlyn!!!!!

Well I have sat down at my computer countless times to send out an update but could not find the words to say what we are going through or how Caitlyn is doing. It changes day by day now as opposed to week by week.

We have consulted with the doctor and we are having hospice come out and help us walk through this very difficult time. Caitlyn is showing signs of being on the path.

I am taking this time to spend with Caitlyn as she does not want me to leave her side. We have explained to the boys what is happening and what is to come. I have put off saying anything to Caitlyn about what is happening until now, but feel the time has come. I have told her about her Grandparents and Uncle who are waiting for her in heaven. She was excited that Grandma Bernice would take care of her. That gave me comfort seeing her excitement about meeting Grandma Bernice.

I am asking people not to call the house as I am not able to talk on the phone. I need to focus on saying goodbye and helping the boys say goodbye. Caitlyn and the boys love to get mail; so if you would like to mail a letter or card they would be thrilled to get mail. Also I told Caitlyn I was not going to take anymore phone calls and she was happy about that. Also she ia happy about getting mail.

She also said people could stop by to say hi. I thought that might lead to to much commotion so we came up with a plan. If people would like to stop by and say hi between 1pm - 2pm Wed, Thur,Fri that would be fine. I will do a follow up for next week to let people know if this still works for us. If you want to send a card you may want to drop it off if you live in the area, since we are not sure how much time we have. Please leave all cards in the mailbox (please don't ring the doorbell if it is not between 1-2p ).

We would like to thank everyone for your prayers, love and support for our family it has helped us so much and put many of smiles on our faces. I will try and answer emails if people need to get in touch with me.

Love,
The Churak's